Happy almost Summer everyone!
There are some exciting changes happening with the blog that will be launched in August, so for this summer we are going to focus on building our community. We all know parenting is not easy. If we are really serious about changing how we raise our kids so that we can raise kids who change the world, then we need all of the support we can get.
So, let’s learn together!
I’ve chosen Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World by Kristen Welch as our book for the summer for several reasons.
- I’ve been following Kristen Welch (the author) for a few years now, and her blog is one of my favorites. She lives what she writes and her family is definitely a family of world changers. Check out the story of Mercy House for proof. (She has a new book out that I would love to do in a future book club as well!)
- Each chapter ends with practical suggestions for parents, toddlers/preschoolers, elementary, and tweens/teens. There’s something here for kids of all ages and the ‘parents’ section challenged me too.
- In my own home, not two hours ago, I told my sweet, eldest child that I had a surprise for her to celebrate the end of summer. She opened the bag, pulled out her new sundress and responded with, “Is that it?”. Please reference the title of this book. ‘Nuff said.
So here’s the plan. There are 4 sections of the book. We will discuss each section via Facebook live in this group throughout the summer. When we finish the book, we’ll plan a live meet up to celebrate! If you miss a week, no worries.
Here’s the tentative schedule:
- Monday, June 18 @ 8:00p – Discuss Part 1: Launch (Chapters 1 & 2) on Facebook live
- Monday, July 2 @ 8:00p – Discuss Part 2: Undertow (Chapters 3, 4 & 5) on Facebook live
- Monday, July 16 @ 8:00p – Discuss Part 3: Resisting the Current (Chapters 6 & 7) on Facebook live
- Monday, July 30 @ 8:00p – Discuss Part 4: White Water (Chapters 8, 9 & 10) on Facebook live
- Friday, August 3 – Book Club Social – Time & Location TBD
So grab a copy of Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World — it’s available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and anywhere else that they sell books. There’s also an audio version available to purchase. AND if you use Hoopla, a free borrowing app using your library account, the e-book and the audio book are available for free. So no excuses!
Invite some friends and join us! See you there!
p.s. please join our facebook group and events and RSVP to help us know who to expect! 🙂